FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (16 January 2016. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) – A total of 24 outstanding leaders and great organisations from Malaysia and abroad were bestowed the prestigious CHT Awards 2016 this January 16 at The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur.
Held at the Taming Sari Grand Ballroom of The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur on 16 January 2016, the glamorous CHT Awards 2016 saw over 400 invited guests from different countries, as well as the movers and shakers of Malaysian society attending the Gala Dinner event. This year, the sponsors included Amee Philips, Fujifilm, Nasim Carpets, One East Museum & Art, Lamborghini Kuala Lumpur and Rado.
Amongst the Guests of Honour at the event were His Royal Highness The Crown Prince of Perlis Tuanku Syed Faizuddin Putra Ibni Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin Jamalullail and Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess of Perlis Tuanku Hajjah Lailatul Shahreen Akashah Khalil.
Other VIPs included
• Embassy of Lebanon His Excellency Ali Daher & his spouse Dania Daher
• Cambodian Ambassador to Malaysia H.R.H. Samdech Reach Botrei Preah Anoch Norodom Arunrasmy • Pakistan Ambassador His Excellency Mr. & Mrs. Hassan Raza
The CHT Awards, founded by CHTNetwork, was established to acknowledge both outstanding leaders and great organisations that have excelled in their respective fields towards contributing to the welfare and the advancement of the society. The winners represent the best of those who have reached the pinnacle of their achievements.
Winners of CHT International Awards :-
1. Category: Culinary Arts (United States) – Martin Yan
2. Category: Private Equity Investment (Japan) – Ryosuke Takatsuki
3. Category: Hospitality & Shopping (Thailand) – Pradit Phataraprasit
4. Category: Art & Investment (Singapore) – Museum of Contemporary Arts
5. Category: Male Artiste (Indonesia) – Tengku Ryo
6. Category: Business & Investment (Australia) – Jason Yeap, OAM
7. Category: Medical Education Institute (Ireland) – Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
8. Category: Tertiary University (Ireland) – University College Dublin
9. Category: Business & Investment (Cambodia) – Oknha Rithy Sear
10. Category: Humanity & Medical (United States) – Clinton Silvester Courson
Winners of CHT Pursuit of Excellence Awards :-
1. Category: Tertiary Education – Sunway Education Group
2. Category: Plastic & Aesthetic – Dr Lee Kim Siea
3. Category: Business: Government – Tan Sri Dr Rebecca Fatima Sta Maria
4. Category: Tourism – Dato’ Mirza Mohammad Taiyab
5. Category: Medical – Gleneagles Kuala Lumpur
6. Category: Home & Living – Pensonic Group
7. Category: Expatriate – Dato’ Teddric Jon Mohr
8. Category: Category: Property Developer – Dato’ Alex Ooi Kee Liang
9. Category: Female Artiste – Sophia Ibrahim
10. Category: Music Producer & Composer – Johan Nawawi
11. Category: Philanthropy – Dato’ Ruby Khong
12. Category: Green & Sustainable Mobility – Dato’ Dennis Chuah
13. Category: Hospitality – Cititel Hotel Management
Winner of CHT Lifetime Achievement Award – Dato’ Syed Mohamad bin Syed Murtaza
Dato’ Syed Mohamad bin Syed Murtaza, the President and Founder of MASAAM (Motorcycle and Scooter Assemblers and Distributors Association of Malaysia), who was awarded the CHT Lifetime Achievement Award 2016 for his long-standing leadership and tremendous contributions to the Malaysian two wheeler industry. He also serves as the Chairman of DRB-HICOM Berhad – one of Malaysia’s leading corporations in the automotive industry.
ABOUT CHT AWARDS
The prestigious CHT Awards was founded by CHTNetwork since 2008 to honour outstanding leaders and great organisations that have achieved excellence in their respective fields and at the same time have made valuable contributions to their respective nation and global society.
The first five editions of CHT Awards have given due honour to 50 Malaysian recipients and with the introduction of an international category in this edition, it promises to showcase an international repertoire of personalities, leaders and organisations. This makes the award a one-of-its-kind award that strives to only recognise people and organisations from varied industries through real merit and contributions and not solely on fame and fortune.
The 6th edition of this prestigious boutique awards has spread its reach outside the borders of Malaysia to recognise remarkable individuals who have brought change, innovation and success to their organisations and countries. This year, there are 24 awards recipients from 9 countries, namely Malaysia, Australia, Indonesia, Singapore, Ireland, Japan, Thailand, United States and Cambodia.
For more information about CHT Awards 2016, kindly visit
WINNERS’ GALLERY: www.chtawards.com/winners
WINNERS’ PROFILE: http://chtawards.tumblr.com/