FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (27 October 2018. Hong Kong, CHINA)
Organized by the Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB), with China Construction Bank (Asia) as the title sponsor for the fifth consecutive year, the CCB (Asia) Hong Kong Wine & Dine Festival proudly presents its 10th edition this year. To celebrate the event’s 10th birthday, the HKTB infuses fun party elements and present the largest-ever Hong Kong Wine & Dine Festival, offering an unforgettable four-day wine and dine party for locals and visitors alike.
Hong Kong Wine & Dine Festival 2018 is held from 25 to 28 October. Extending its reach from Central Harbourfront Event Space to Tamar Park, the venue size for this year’s Festival is 20% larger than last year’s, and there is about 450 booths serving fine wines and exquisite food, over 10% more than last year. The event highlights are as follows:
“10-Michelin-starred Dinner” @ “Tasting Room”
Five Michelin-starred chefs from the Mainland and overseas come to Hong Kong to jointly present the“10-Michelin-starred Dinner” in the “Tasting Room”. The five visiting master chefs, who have been awarded a total of 8 Michelin stars, will collaborate with two renowned Hong Kong chefs from one-Michelin-starred restaurants Man Wah and Mandarin Grill + Bar to concoct a highly anticipated wine pairing banquet with eight courses, fusing earlier for inspiration for the banquet.
The five visiting celebrity chefs are:
- World-renowned French Chef Pierre Gagnaire of “Pierre”, a two-Michelin-starred restaurant in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Hong Kong
- Chef Bee Satongun of “Paste Bangkok”, a one-Michelin-starred restaurant in Bangkok. She was also named Asia’s Best Female Chef 2018 by “Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants”
- Chef Lin Cheng Ching, Chinese Executive Chef of “The Guest House”, a two-Michelin-starred restaurant in Taiwan
- Chef Kentaro Chen, Executive Chef of “Shisen Hanten”, a two-Michelin-starred restaurant in Singapore
- Chef George Chen of “Wujie”, a one-Michelin-starred restaurant in The Bund, Shanghai
Limited 10th Edition
Every year, new elements are introduced into the Festival, and this year is no exception. The Festival aims to offer surprises in both its wine and food selections. Wine lovers are impressed by the “Wine & Dine 10th Edition Specials” and “2009 Vintage”. These two not-to-be-missed exclusive series are available only this year. Featured items included:
• “Wine & Dine 10th Edition Specials”: Happy 啤 Day (pronounced “Happy Birthday”) (chocolate imperial stout, aged in bourbon and brandy barrels) and Favilla fuji (Baileys Chocolat luxe and Junmaishu Nigori Sake). The interesting and glamorous packages and appearance of these products certainly capture attention.
• “2009 Vintage”: This commemorative series, dating back to the founding year of the Wine and Dine Festival, includes selections from Robert Parker’s 100-Point red wines.
As for dining, two newly introduced zones, “International Street Eats” and “Coffee Fiesta” bring new sensations to your taste buds. They feature special delicacies including:
- “International Street Eats”: This zone offers the latest gourmet sensations introduced to Hong Kong, including Jiu-Wu Beef Noodle from Taiwan and local delicacies from seven regions, including Korea, Europe and Latin America, bringing tastes from all over the world to your table.
- “Coffee Fiesta”: This zone gathers some of the most famous coffee and pastry shops in the city, such as Coco Espresso, by a champion barista; Say Hey Bakery, the award-winning baker; and celebrity dessert shop Alice Wild Luscious, guaranteeing event participants wonderful delicacies alongside fabulous wine-tasting experiences.
Perfect 10 Passport
A new “Perfect 10 Passport” is introduced this year to encourage visitors to experience various wonderful food and wine combinations. In addition to wine tokens, food tokens are included in the Perfect 10 Passport to inspire guests to explore creative wine pairing options with family and friends. The Perfect 10 Passport includes a welcome drink and a 10th edition limited wine glass, a worthy addition to the collection of every wine connoisseur.
Over $1 million worth of gifts to celebrate the 10th birthday
No birthday party is complete without live performances and birthday presents. During the four-day event, independent musicians and buskers perform at the venue, and there is live music performances each evening on the main stage. Game sessions every day, with prizes including air tickets, wines, gourmet food and wine tokens, valued at over $1 million.
In addition to the above, this year’s wine options are expanded, featuring fine wines from first-time participating chateaus from countries and regions like Burgundy, Croatia and Russia to capture the hearts and tastes of festival-goers. And returning favourites from last year include the “Robert Parker Wine Advocate Pavilion”, the “FeedMe Lane” and “The Concept Store”. To make purchases more convenient for event participants, e-payment is available at the venue.
For details of the CCB (Asia) Hong Kong Wine & Dine Festival, please visit the HKTB website: http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/winedinefestival/